|St. Albert the Great & St. Francis Xavier Collaborative||
Friends of the Unborn needs your help!
“Jesus Christ is the face of the Father’s mercy. These words might well sum up the mystery of the Christian faith. Mercy has become living and visible in Jesus of Nazareth, reaching its culmination in him. The Father, “rich in mercy”, after having revealed his name to Moses as “a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness”, has never ceased to show, in various ways throughout history, his divine nature. In the “fullness of time”, when everything had been arranged according to his plan of salvation, he sent his only Son into the world, born of the Virgin Mary, to reveal his love for us in a definitive way. Whoever sees Jesus sees the Father. Jesus of Nazareth, by his words, his actions, and his entire person reveals the mercy of God.
We need constantly to contemplate the mystery of mercy. It is a wellspring of joy, serenity, and peace. Our salvation depends on it. Mercy: the word reveals the very mystery of the Most Holy Trinity. Mercy: the ultimate and supreme act by which God comes to meet us. Mercy: the fundamental law that dwells in the heart of every person who looks sincerely into the eyes of his brothers and sisters on the path of life. Mercy: the bridge that connects God and man, opening our hearts to the hope of being loved forever despite our sinfulness.” Pope Francis
During the Month of October – Respect for Life Month – we are especially asked to celebrate life and the dignity of each and every person, from womb to tomb. To assist us with our acts of mercy during this “Year of Mercy” we will be supporting “Friends of the Unborn” a Christian based organization, sheltering and supporting homeless pregnant women in crisis. Friends of the unborn provides a loving home with compassionate assistance to provide guidance to their guests and new babies. Please see the below “Wish List” for the most needed items. Friends staff members will be speaking about their mission at all our Masses this weekend. Your customary generous support of this loving ministry will no doubt be greatly appreciated and rewarded by our loving Lord. Let us pray for them and offer them our material assistance during “Respect for Life Month.”
Friends of the Unborn Wish List - Fall 2016
· Infant clothing, sizes Newborn and 0-3 months, for girls and boys, fall and winter.
· Snowsuits – Newborn; 0-3 months; 6-9 months; 9-12 months
· Infant carriers (front carriers) & bouncy seats
· Baby Monitors
· Infant tubs (Summer Deluxe Baby Bather – folds for storage)
· Diapers sizes 4, 5 & 6
· Wipes, wipes and more wipes
· Infant grooming kits
· Stroller covers
· Newborn bibs
· Spit cloths
· Teething rings
· Baby bottles (Small & Large)
· Winter women’s pajamas/bathrobes/slippers(all sizes)
· Toiletries: deodorant, shampoo & conditioner, hair brushes,
5-6 oz. toothpaste, body wash, razors
· Paper towels/toilet paper/tissues/garbage bags, dish soap, laundry detergent (He – safe for all washers)
· Charlie Cards
· Pillows & zippered pillow protectors
· Gift cards to TJ Maxx/Walmart/CVS
· Diaper bags
· Sweaters/sweatshirts/work out pants – S,M, L, XL
· New Maternity clothes (S,M,L,XL)
· Prayers, prayers and more prayers!
Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us.